Friday, August 30, 2013

A Doctor Located and GA To FL

Chiefland, FL.

73 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast = Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 90F with a heat index of 95F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Finally after many telephone calls, including calls from Laura to some connections she has, a doctor was found that could take Linda in for an appointment. Yesterday, an appointment was finally made with a doctor in Daytona Beach for next Thursday. This is a preliminary visit to do further tests to see just what has to be done, and also to find out for sure if there is cancer or not. Then the report will be sent to the doctor that Laura originally found for Linda and decisions about further procedures will be made.

Again, things started to happen after Laura started calling people. Thanks, Laura!!! :-)

We left Thomasville, GA about 9:50 yesterday morning and headed South on US 19. Following 19 brought us down into Florida and eventually here to Chiefland and the Chiefland RV Park.

It was 12:20 when we pulled into the park, so it took us about 2 1/2 hours to travel 127 miles.

The Chiefland RV Park is nothing special, but we have a full hook-up site with cable TV at the Passport America rate of $17.44. We're also parked under a huge live oak tree that gave us some very nice shade that was greatly appreciated, as the temperature was in the mid 90's when we arrived here.

Being that we had a back-in site, Jim had to unhook CLT from the back of Bobbie T for the first time since we left Rantoul. So, since CLT was unhooked, for dinner, Jim and Linda took him and went to Mya's Chinese Restaurant for dinner. They said that the food was good and the service was very good.

And it gave them a chance to get out and about a little. ;-)

Today, we'll get to DeBary. Jim and Linda have decided that they're going to try get enough "stuff" moved into the house so that they can stay in the house tonight. They may not have quite everything they would like to have for the house, but by temporally taking some items from inside of Bobbie T into the house, (that normally would stay in Bobbie T), they should be able to make the house livable. By doing that, they won't have to worry about running the AC on a 20 amp circuit at  Laura's tonight.

Then, hopefully by tomorrow, most of rest of the "stuff" will be moved into the house and Bobbie T can be parked in the storage lot.

Did you know that today is "National Toasted Marshmallow Day" ?


1 comment:

  1. Can't you park the MH out in the street in front of the double wide for a couple of hours to unload stuff...? Would be much easier....