Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Nice Visit With Nancy And David (Fred) But A Long Day

Rantoul, IL.

61 deg. light fog, no wind.
Forecast = Partly cloudy. High of 88F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Jim and Linda took CLT (Cute Little Truck), and headed to Naperville, about 8:30 yesterday morning. If you read my last post, you already know that they were heading up there to see Linda's sister, Nancy and her son, David.

CLT said that the traffic wasn't too bad and they actually made pretty good time, but being that it was right at 120 miles up there it took them almost exactly 3 hours to get up there. That meant that it was about 10:30 when they arrived.

After visiting for awhile and eating a very nice lunch, they all headed over to Nancy's son's house to pick up some dishes and a few large pictures that Linda had left with Nancy way back in 2001 when we went full-timing. There were also some paperback books, but Aaron, (Nancy's other son), couldn't locate them up in the attic, so if they're still up there, they'll be picked up next year.

After loading up the dishes and pictures in the back of CLT, they headed back over to Nancy's for desert and to visit some more.

Nancy actually lives in an apartment now. (She used to live in the house where Aaron is living now). From the photos that Jim brought back, it seems really nice and both Jim and Linda said that Nancy seems happy with it.

Nancy's living room area.

Looking back from the living room into the kitchen. (Linda on left, Nancy on the right).

Linda said that she had a great time visiting with Nancy. It had been a whole year since she's seen her and they had a lot to catch up on. But, because of the long drive back here to Rantoul, they left Nancy's at about 3:45 and headed back down here.

CLT said that they had a lot more traffic returning than they did in the morning. (getting into rush-hour traffic), and it took them even longer to return. When they got down to Gibson City, (a town about 25 miles from Rantoul), they stopped and bought CLT a drink of 87 octane and then stopped at a restaurant to get a sandwich for them.

It was after 7:00 by the time they pulled up in front of Bobbie T, so it ended up being a pretty long day.

While they were gone, many, many RVs came into the park. Many of the sites already have 2 RVs on them, there's a whole bunch of RVs dry camping on the street behind of us and today, there'll be a lot more RVs coming into the park because the show starts tomorrow.

This morning, Linda has that doctor's appointment, so they'll be leaving here around 8:30 so that they can get over to Fisher, IL, by 9:00. After the appointment, they'll stop at a restaurant in Fisher to get some breakfast and then come back here and watch all the RVs come into the park.

There should be some great "campground entertainment" this afternoon. ;-)

A Point to Ponder : One should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment