Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chiefland, FL To DeBary, FL and We're Living In The House

DeBary, FL.

75 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast = Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 95F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

After dumping and flushing the black and grey water tanks a much as possible, we pulled out of the Chiefland RV Park about 9:40 yesterday morning. Once back on US 19, we followed it South for a few blocks and then turned off on Alt US 27 which took us over towards Ocala. A little Williston, we turned off on FL 326 which took us around the North side of Ocala and to Rt. 40. 40 then brought us East to Barberville where we turned South on US 17/92, which brought us down to DeBary and the Highland Country Estates where the house is located.

It was 12:30 when we pulled up in front of the house so it took us 2 hours and 50 minutes to travel 120 miles and stop near Ocala and  get Bobbie T a drink of 87 octane.

Yes, Jim and Linda did decide to head straight to the house instead of going to Laura and Lindsey's. There really wasn't any reason not to even though Bobbie T. was parked on the street in front of the house for awhile. The streets are wide enough for cars or even trucks to get past.

Jim and Linda had called Laura and Lindsey and told them of our change in plans, so a little after we arrived at the house, they came and everyone went to work, moving food and "stuff" out of Bobbie T. and into the house.

Jim and Lindsey were outside in Bobbie T.. Jim packed things into tote boxes and Lindsey would carry them into the house. Meanwhile, Linda and Laura were busy trying to get everything put away inside as Lindsey brought things in.

Jim and Lindsey took breaks every once in awhile as the temperature was up in the mid 90's, but by about 3:00, most everything was inside the house and Jim was driving Bobbie T over to the storage lot and backing her into site #2.

Lindsey followed Jim to the lot and helped Jim get backed in, and soon they were back here at the house, enjoying a cold drink. ;-)

Laura invited Jim and Linda over to their house for a spaghetti dinner, so about 5:30, Jim and Linda took CLT and headed over there, stopping at Winn Dixie to pick up some bread to bring back here and some Italian Bread and a Banana Cream Pie to take to Laura and Lindsey's to have with the meal.

About 8:00 CLT brought Jim and Linda back here to the house where they relaxed until about 10:00, and then went to bed, very tired.

Again, Laura and Lindsey came through when Linda and Jim needed help. Thank you so much, all your help will be remembered. ;-)

So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  that officially ends our time as Full-timers. It's been 12 years and 3 months since we pulled out of the driveway up in Illinois and it's been a blast!!!!  Oh, there's been times when things haven't been too good, but the good times far outweigh the bad times. After things settle down around here a little, I'll try to do a recap of those 12+ years on the road in a few posts.

In the next few days, Jim and Linda will try to get things organized here in the house. They also need to buy a TV and a few other items, so they'll be busy, busy, busy. Then, on Thursday, Linda will have her first doctor's appointment that will determine what medical procedures need to be done.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Would you believe that it's been 12 years and 3 months since Jim, Linda or I have slept in a house?


1 comment:

  1. I've truly enjoyed following your blog posts. I wish you well and hopefully you will continue with updates in the coming months. We'll stop and see you when we get to that area.

    God Bless and prayers are with you.