Saturday, March 9, 2013

Introduction To Blaine

DeBary, FL.

3-9-2013



Hi!!! My name is Blaine. Those of you that have followed previous news letters/blogs that were written by Mariah, Myrddin or Emrys already know who I am. But, for the rest of you, here’s a little about me.

To start with, I’m very grateful that Jim rescued me from a fate worse than death!!! You see, I was originally owned by a little girl who lived next door to where Jim and Linda were living before they went full-timing. The girl and her family were moving out of the house so they had a garage sale. Well, I was one of the items for sale, but for some reason no one bought me. After the sale, I was put into a bag with some other toys and stored in the garage until they moved away to their new house.

It was then, that I was put out by the curb with the trash!!!!! Luckily, Jim walked by, saw me sitting there in the trash and picked me up! He took me in the house, brushed me off a little, and after some thought, named me Blaine.

Now, the reason I was named Blaine was that the street going past the house was Blaine Street, and he thought it would be a good idea to name me after the street.

Soon after Jim found me, he and Linda took me out to their Motor Home, (who’s name was Mariah), and I’ve been riding with them ever since, and what a ride I’ve had!!!!

During the past 12 plus years, I’ve been on vacations with Jim and Linda, I’ve been through the process of getting ready to go full-timing, I’ve been to Alaska, and almost all of the “lower” 48 states and about ½ of Canada, I’ve traveled in 3 different Motor Homes and 2 different pick-up trucks, and now, I’m in my 4th Motor Home and will be living in a house in Florida when we’re not traveling.  

Like I said, “What a ride”!!!!!

Now I suppose you’re wondering how I ended up writing this blog. Well, Emrys wanted CLT (Cute Little Truck) to take over the blog, but he didn’t want anything to do with it. He said that there was no way he was going to write a blog after being drug around the country all day, and besides, he said that most of the time he couldn’t see where he was going anyway!!!

Then, Emrys suggested that maybe Jim or Linda could take over the blog, but neither of them wanted to take time to do it. By this time, I think Emrys had pretty much given up trying to find someone to take it over and was ready to just let it end.

That’s when I told him that I would take over writing the blog.

Well, I think a 20 mph gust of wind could have knocked him over!!!! I guess he never thought that I might be interested, and it was quite a shock!!!!

So, here I am! I’ve decided to keep some of the same features that are popular with you readers, such as our location, the weather forecast, the “Did You Know”, and the “Point to Ponder” but most everything else is up for grabs!!!  I’ll probably still tell you what Campgrounds we stayed at, how far we traveled and which routes we took, so that any of you that want to follow that route some day will know a little about it and the parks along the way.

One thing that will change is that I will NOT “beat around the bush” about anything. I may be small, but I’ve got a big Internet on which to express my thoughts. If something bothers me, you’ll hear about it!!! If I like something, you’ll hear about that too!! For the most part, I’m pretty easy going but I won’t be taken advantage of!!!

Some of you may not like what I write about or my views, and I apologize for that. But, I hope you’ll be opened-minded enough to realize that what I write is my opinion, and may not be the same as yours.

Did you know that the first guide dogs for the blind and visually impaired were trained in Germany to provide assistance for those blinded in the war? German Shepherds were used for their protective and strong sense of loyalty to their owner.

Woof!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Blaine, we look forward to following your escapades as you crisscross the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging Blaine! We look forward to reading your blog and keeping up with you and Jim and Linda.

    Woof!! right back atcha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blaine!

    We need to know about your new motorhome friend!! Did he come home yet, and did you help name him?????
    Is he big and strong??

    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Bloggerland Blaine. We'll be following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Blaine! I am so happy to have found you and your traveling people. Let me assure you that you have gone straight to the top of my blog list. I don't read all my blogs every day but I read them often enough to keep up....being on the top I will be sure to keep up - you are doing a great job of writing--please let your traveling people know that they are more than welcome to stop here on their way north..we can make accomodations in the backyard for your new motorhome and we would be most happy to give them a tour of our new cabin.. Still have the same email address - tell them to drop a note once in awhile--Enjoy your new writing career!!

    Jenny J and Don

    ReplyDelete