Friday, March 22, 2013

Dave And Dee Dee Visit, A Little SNAFU and A Recliner For Linda

DeBary, FL.

42 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Today: Mostly sunny. Highs around 75°F. North wind 4 to 9 MPH.
Tonight: Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows around 63°F. East southeast wind to 8 MPH. Chance of precipitation near 20%.

Let's see if I can get all that happened in the last few days posted here in the right order.

Tuesday, Dave and Dee Dee stopped by on their way to visit friends in Orange City. They're part of the "Illinois Bunch" who we usually go to see while they are wintering down in Thonotosassa, FL and who come to see us when we're up in Illinois during the summers. We didn't get to go to Thonotosassa this year because of the house and the new RV, so they were nice enough to stop by here and say "Hi"!!

I'm sure they were curious about Bobbie T, and when Jim and Linda suggested that they go over to the house to see it, they said that they'd like to go to see it too.

So, after visiting for a little while and taking the "tour" of Bobbie T, they headed over to the house. I think that they liked Bobbie T, but thought she was pretty small compared to Emrys, and from all reports, they liked the house and thought it would make a good home for Jim and Linda.

Thanks for stopping by, Dave and Dee Dee, Jim and Linda were very pleased that you came. : )

After Dave and Dee Dee left, Jim and Linda went to a couple furniture stores to look for a recliner, (that would fit), to replace the barrel chair here in the RV. At the second store that they went to, they found just what they were looking for and purchased it. They didn't bring it back here though because Jim wanted to get the old chair out to make room for it first.

So, that was the big project for Wednesday. It seemed like it would be fairly simple to remove the old chair, but it was bolted to the floor with some flat-head bolts that were pretty rusty on the bottom where the nuts were. Needless to say, things didn't go easily and even after spraying WD 40 on the bolts, it was a struggle to get the nuts off. And, of course the bolts turned, so he had to use a vise-grips on the top side to hold them. : (

OH, I almost forgot!!! Before Jim started removing the chair, he called the DMV in South Dakota to see what the status of the license plates for Bobbie T was. Well, they had not received any papers from LaMesa so there were no actions taken. Jim immediately called LaMesa and asked to talk to the person who does the paperwork and sends it to the state. He was put through by the operator but his call went to voice mail because it said that the person was out of the office and would call back. After an hour, Jim called again, got the same voice mail and again was told that the person would call back. : (

So, Jim took CLT and went to LaMesa to talk to them in person!!! When he got there, the receptionist said that the lady was busy and suggested that he go to the "Cafe" for a cup of coffee, but Jim said that he'd just wait at the desk. Jim said that he wan't going anywhere as he had already spent over 2 hours trying to get to talk to this lady to find out what had happened to the paperwork. Well, it didn't take too long and the lady came out to the desk and said that there had been a mix-up and the paperwork had never been sent to S. Dakota!!!! Really?????  She apologized, took down some additional information and told Jim that she would personally see that the papers were sent this time.

She also told Jim that if he didn't get the plates or transfer from SD by the time he was ready to leave and head North, she would issue him another temporary plate for an additional 30 days, and then apologized again.  

Yesterday morning, Jim took CLT and headed over to the furniture store and picked up the new chair. They loaded it into the back of CLT for Jim, but when he returned here, he knew that he'd need help getting inside, so he called Lindsey to see if he could come over.

Well, Lindsey was sick with stomach like flu symptoms so he couldn't come to help, so Jim asked Marshall (the man who lives in the park model behind our site), if he could help? He said that he'd be glad to and came right over. In no time at all, the new recliner was inside and Jim was thanking Marshall for his help.

Thanks Marshall!!! : )

As soon as Jim got the recliner positioned in just the right spot, Linda sat down in it and after just a little while, fell asleep.  I guess it's real comfortable for her. ; )

You know, I just realized that there have not been any pictures taken of the inside of Bobbie T. I'll have to see if I can get Jim to take a few so I can show you what she's like inside.

Did you know that one 75-watt bulb gives more light that 3 25-watt bulbs?


No comments:

Post a Comment