Wednesday, October 30, 2013

35 Hours

DeBary, FL.

64 deg. mostly cloudy, no wind.
Forecast = Partly cloudy. High of 84F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 15 mph.

Monday evening, Jim called Linda at the hospital to see how she was doing and to say good-night to her. Then, around 6:30, yesterday morning, Linda called Jim. Nothing special, she was awake and just wanted to talk to him. She told him that she was doing well and had a pretty restful night. (As good as you can have in a hospital). It was decided that there was no reason for Jim to hurry over there because the doctor hadn't been in yet and it didn't sound like anything was going to happen until the afternoon.

So, a little after 9:00, Jim took CLT and headed back to the hospital. After arriving and getting CLT parked, he took a couple photos of the part of the facility where Linda was.

This is the sign out front, that you see from the road.

When you turn in next to the above sign, this is the view of the "Fountain Building".

The patient drop-off and pick-up area,

The view looking back towards the road from the pick-up drop-off area.

Once up to Linda's room and giving her h and k, (hugs and kisses), Linda told him that it sounded like she would be able to go home sometime after lunch. :-)  Of course, Laura was there with Linda and helped Linda fill Jim in on what all had happened during the time Jim was here at the house.

Then, after talking for awhile, he took a few photos out of her room's window. Her room was on the 7th floor and facing East, so there were some nice views of Daytona Beach. If you click on the photos to enlarge them, you should even be able to see the ocean on the horizon.

After lunch, Linda was told that she'd be able to go home and by about 2:00, Laura was helping her get dressed and soon after, CLT was bringing her back here to the house.

Laura came back here also and helped Jim get Linda into the house and get settled in her recliner. Then, she stayed with Linda while Jim went to Walgreen's to pick up a new prescription for Linda.

After Jim returned, Laura headed for home to get some much needed rest and spend time with Lindsey.

So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  In an approximately 35 hour time period, Linda left for the hospital, had major surgery and was able to return back home!!! If they had not been able to operate, using the robotic procedure, she would have had to stay in the hospital much longer.   She seems to be doing well. She had a restful night and seems to be feeling pretty good this morning. She's still sore, but that's to be expected. She also has quite a few restrictions about what she can do for the next few weeks and months, but the doctor doesn't foresee any problems.

In 2 weeks Linda will go back to the doctor's office and then it will be decided if any further treatment will be needed.

Again, Linda and Jim want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It has meant so much, just knowing that there were so many people sending good thoughts and prayers this way.

And, of course, both Linda and Jim want to thank Laura. She has been so much help. She has made everything so much easier for Linda and Jim and her nursing skills and knowledge have been invaluable.

Thank You, everyone!!!!!

Did you know that on this date in 1945, the first ballpoint pens to be made commercially went on sale at Gimbels Department Store in New York at the price of $12.50 each?

I'm sure glad Linda's home and doing well!!!!! :-)




  1. Being home is very good! Glad to hear it.

  2. Welcome home, now the healing and rest can begin... In a couple of weeks all of this will be behind you.... Thank goodness for Laura....... And your foresight to have purchased a nice home to recuperate in...

  3. So very good to hear that Linda's surgery went well and that she is back home. Hopefully the recovery goes smoothly also.