Saturday, March 21, 2015

We Missed Spring and Waiting

DeBary, FL.

64 deg. light fog, no wind.
Forecast = Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 90F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

I know they're saying that spring has just started, but down here in Florida, we're already into summer. (At least that's what it feels like). We've had temperatures in the mid to upper 80's for most of the last week and on our thermometer on the North side of the house, it was over 90 yesterday. I have to admit that the humidity isn't as bad as it gets later on, but it's been plenty high already.

The thing is, we have to stay here at least, for almost another month, and I'm not looking forward to even higher temperatures and humidity. :-(

 Yesterday, Big RED took Linda and Jim over to the Quest Diagnostic place where she had her semi-annual blood test to be sent back to her GP in Illinois. The test went smoothly and afterwords, they headed over to the 4 B's Restaurant for breakfast.

 Other than that, nothing much new happening around here. Pretty much, we're waiting until Linda has that PET Scan on the 6th of April. Only after that, can we be sure if we'll be able to get back out on the road about the middle of the month.

The uncertainty is not easy for Jim and Linda to deal with. They would like to make definite travel plans, but until the results of the scan are back, everything is pretty much on hold. Jim has already made a reservation on a waterfront RV site up in Myrtle Beach and hopefully he won't have to cancel it. There's only a few waterfront sites, and, as a matter of fact, when he called the other day, there was only one site left for the dates we're planning on being there.

So, we wait!! Jim and Linda will be getting Nora, (our travel trailer), ready to go and Jim has already started going through tote boxes to weed out things we won't be needing for summer travels up to Illinois.

A Point to Ponder : The best way to save face to keep the lower part shut.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure all will be fine and you'll be on your way. Three more weeks and we can leave the heat for our beloved mountains as well. Safe journeys!