70 deg. partly cloudy, S. wind @ 10 mph.
Forecast = high temp. 86 deg. 60% chance of T-storms, SW wind @ 15 to 20 mph.
Jim did check that slideout motor yesterday morning, but the news is not good. After removing the panel in the top of the storage compartment, he discovered that the end of the electric motor, where the brake is located, is stuck back in an area that is between the top of the compartment and the slideout floor.
The suggestion that Jim received on line was to work the brake lever on the motor back and forth a few times to free it up if it was stuck. Well, Jim was able to just touch the brake release lever with his fingers and there was no way that he could have pressed the spring lock while releasing the lever, much less move the lever. : (
So, Jim put the panel back on and came back inside.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, we could head up to the Elkhart, IN. area after the 4th of July, so now Jim will research the possibility of getting the problems solved up there.
We had heavy afternoon T-storms go through this area again yesterday. Lots of rain, quite a bit of wind, and severe lightning!! In fact, after one very close lightning strike, our power went out for a short time. Since it was storming, Jim and Linda didn't go back to Walgreens to pick up the rest of Linda's prescriptions. Hopefully they'll be able to get over there today, but the local radar is already showing lots of pretty colors, so they'll have to time the trip between storms.
Did you know that today is "National Canoe Day"?