Sunday, May 5, 2013

More Visiting, Family Photos, Disappointing News and Plan D

Moncure, NC.

52 deg. cloudy, NE wind @ 9 mph.
Forecast = Today: Cloudy with slight chance of light rain. Highs around 64°F. Northeast wind to 14 MPH. Chance of precipitation near 65%. Precipitation amounts less than one tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight: Cloudy with light rain likely. Lows around 57°F. East northeast wind to 14 MPH, gusting to 22 MPH. Chance of precipitation near 80%. Precipitation amounts up to one quarter inch possible.

Jim and Linda took CLT and headed over to Mike and Gina's about 11:30 yesterday morning. Once there, they had lunch and then visited for a good part of the afternoon.

While they were there, they got a call from their good friend, Roland. When he found out that Jim and Linda were at Mike's, he asked Jim to call him back when they got back here to the CG. By the sound of Roland's voice, Jim knew  that there was something wrong and was hoping that it wasn't anything serious.

By about 4:00, CLT had brought Jim and Linda back here, so Jim called Roland back.

Well, it wasn't real bad news, but it's going to make a change in our plans. You see, from here, we were going to head over to Roland and Louise's home in Forest City, NC and visit with them for 4 days. Jim and Linda knew that Louise was going to have surgery on her foot in about 3 weeks, and it sounded like the timing would work out. But,  ,  ,  ,  ,  Saturday, they found out that the surgery would be moved up to a week from this coming Friday, and this whole week would be filled with doctors appointments and tests. : (

It's a big disappointment, but Louise definitely needs the surgery on her foot, and you can't be too picky about when you have it. Our visit with them really isn't important in the whole scope of things.

So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  Time for Plan D!!!!

None of this is really decided on yet, but Jim's thinking that because they're forecasting heavy rain for Monday and Tuesday, (if it works out with Marc, the CG owner), we may stay here for an additional 2 days and leave on Wednesday.  Then instead of stopping at Forest City, we'll head up into Tennessee and spend a couple days there before heading up to Evansville, IN, where Jim has an appointment at the SMI factory to have a new toad braking system installed on Bobbie T and CLT on the 15th of May.

From there, the plan is to head up to Indianapolis to see Linda's cousin before heading to Rantoul, where we'll spend most of the summer.

So, today, Jim will get in touch with Marc to see if this site is available for 2 more nights. If it is, plan D should work. If not, I guess there'll be a Plan E!!! ; )

Stay tuned!!!!

Jim was able to take a few photos yesterday. This first one is Brenna. She'll be starting High School this fall.

This is Savanna, she'll be starting Middle School this fall.
This is Mike and Dillon. Dillon will be starting kindergarten this fall. 

The photo of Gina that Jim took didn't turn out, so this is a photo from our last visit.

Did you know that on this date in 1936, Edward Ravenscroft received a patent for the screw-on bottle cap with a pour lip?


1 comment:

  1. Hello! Scotland here. I ran across your blog in the Myrddin days and have been casually (and secretly!) following since. It sounds so exciting to now essentially be leading two lives now that part time is a thing. It's inspiring that you never let things get old.

    Your family in North Carolina seems great. It must be so depressing to leave just as quickly as you came. Was there any particular reason you couldn't get an updated picture of Gina? (How would I pronounce that? We here would normally say Jee-nah) These days digital cameras with image previews make correcting mistakes so easy. Unless you're scanning Polaroid Insants or manually developing film negatives.

    Just thought I'd pop in to say hi. Look forward to more stories on and off the road.