Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Linda's Doctor Visit and Is There A Change Of Plans Coming?

DeBary, FL.

61 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast = Cloudy with showers. High 76F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Linda had an appointment with her Ophthalmologist yesterday afternoon, so about 1:30, Big RED took Jim and Linda over to his office in Orange City. They did the normal tests and scans of her eyes and soon she was in Dr. Barnard's exam room where he informed her and Jim that from the scan, he determined that she needed another injection in her left eye. :-(  He showed Linda and Jim the scans and pointed out exactly where the problem was. After discussing the situation, Linda agreed that that was the best thing to do. So,  he gave her the injection and by about 3:00 or so, Big RED was pulling back into the carport here at the house.

Jim and Linda also discussed their travel plans for this summer with Dr. Barnard and he told Linda that he thought that she should be seeing an Ophthalmologist at least every 2 months.

Now, this would mean that she would have to try to find a doctor while traveling across the country on our way out to Oregon. Dr. Barnard told her that he would assist her in any way he could to find a qualified doctor and that if she and Jim would call him and tell him where they would be, (about 2 weeks ahead of time),  he would do what he could.

So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  What to do????

Linda had a lot of anxiety before her first visit with Dr. Barnard, so, to say the least, she's not too keen on finding another doctor somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico on our way out West.  After returning here to the house, she and Jim were discussing the problem and they talked about different options.

First, Linda could just ignore the Doctor's recommendations and just wait until August when we would be getting to Illinois and see Dr. Gandhi when we arrived there.

Both Linda and Jim agreed that this was probably not the best option.

Second, they could go ahead and try to find a doctor while traveling, which would probably cause both Linda and Jim a lot of anxiety, especially since Linda really doesn't like going to new doctors she doesn't know, and, because of time restrictions, we really don't have a lot of leeway to be spending too much time looking for a doctor or waiting for an appointment.

Third, they could wait until next year to head out to Oregon, but they would really like to see Jeff and Heather before that. Plus, you never know what next year will bring.

Fourth, is the option of not going to Oregon this year, but instead, sending Jeff and Heather money to buy plane tickets and fly down here, possibly in November or December.

This option had some appeal to both Jim and Linda, so last night they tried calling Jeff to see if it would be possible for he and Heather to come. He wasn't home, but I'm sure he'll be calling back as soon as he can.

So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  that's where we stand for now. We'll wait for Jeff to call and then tell him what is happening and what Jim and Linda are thinking. He and Heather may not be able to get away to come here. We'll just have to wait and see.

A Point to Ponder:  Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?


1 comment:

  1. Tough to decide, I'm sure! You have to do what's best for both you guys.