Friday, May 20, 2016

A Doctor's Visit and Plans To Head North

DeBary, FL.

75 deg. Rain, Thunder

Forecast today = Thunderstorms, accompanied by locally heavy rainfall at times. A few storms may be severe. High 87F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%.

Yeah, I know!!!! It's been about 2 weeks since I've posted, but I really didn't know anything new!!!

This morning, Big RED, (Jim dug him out of the carport the other day and took him in for an airbag recall and an oil change), took he and Linda up to DeLand to see Dr. Saferali. Dr. Saferali wasn't there, (she's on vacation this week,) so they saw her P.A., Lauren, instead.  Lauren said that Dr. Saferali didn't leave any notes about us not being able to head North or anything about another scan in July, so she didn't see why we shouldn't be able to leave when we wanted to in June. :-)


So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  unless something comes up, the plan is to leave here around the 13th of June and head up to Illinois, arriving there about 8 to 10 days later!!! The reason it may take us that long is because Jim really doesn't know how much stamina he'll have by that time, so he may want to stop earlier in the day and even possibly stay a couple nights in a few of the campgrounds to recuperate if necessary.

It's raining today and there's a 60% chance of rain tomorrow, but after that, the forecast is for 5 days of good weather with temps staying in the 80's, (upper 80's), and lows in the upper 60's, with no rain. If that forecast holds, Jim should be able to get quite a few things done during those 5 days and be able to be ready to leave as planned.

There is quite a bit to do at the trailer though. You see, when we arrived back her last November, Jim was feeling so bad that absolutely nothing was done to the trailer. It wasn't cleaned inside or out and he and Linda will have to  look to see what supplies are still over there as they just grabbed stuff that they thought they would need here at the house.  The problem with the furnace blowing thermostat fuses was never corrected and Jim thinks the water pump is acting up again, so he may need to call the mobile RV repair guy to come and take a look at those items.

He and Linda have about 3 weeks to get everything accomplished and I really don't see a reason that they won't be ready by that time. ;-)

I've used this Point to Ponder before, but it's so very, very true.

Worrying works!!! 90% of the things I worry about never happen!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment