Tuesday, January 6, 2015

This And That and A Little Change

DeBary, FL.

52 deg. partly cloudy, NW wind @ 6 mph.
Forecast = sunshine. High 78F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

It's been awhile since I've posted, but there hasn't been much happening around here lately. About the only thing I can think of is that Jim and Linda took all of the Christmas decorations down yesterday.

I don't know why, but it always seems like it's much more fun to put them up than to take them down. :-(

Linda's been working with her Family Tree Maker program and has been finding all kinds of  "good stuff" on the Internet. Most of the things she's looking for are accurate dates and maiden names of some of the wives of her ancestors.

While she's been doing that, Jim has been out in the shed organizing some of the things out there. He's found a few items that he's been looking for since he and Linda bought this place. :-) He's also been organizing some of the things inside of the house. Mostly items that were just stashed someplace in closets and drawers when first brought into the house.

The weather has been really nice lately, but it sounds like we're in for a cold snap. I've been watching the weather up North and it looks like some of that really cold weather that they're having up there is heading this way. The weather guessers are saying that by Thursday, the highs will only be in the 50's, which is quite cool by Florida standards.

I've been kicking around a new idea for this blog lately. There are some things that really bug me and some other things that I think are worth thinking about. I'm going to try to stay completely out of politics as that subject can get really messy. Here's an example of the new section of the blog that I'll be calling "Bad Dog"!!

There's a national chain that sells chicken. You've all seen their adds on TV. They advertise a lot and on TV they show families around the table with a huge bucket of chicken set in the middle. Well, here's my "Beef" with their ad. They show the bucket over full with the chicken protruding above the rim of the bucket.

It sure looks nice on TV.

But, what does your bucket of chicken look like when you buy it?  Well, it doesn't look like the ad on TV. The chicken is at least 2" down below the rim of the bucket and it sure doesn't look as appetizing as it does in the commercial!!! Now, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the chicken. I think it's very good, but to me, the commercial is very deceiving!!!

There's lots of things like this that bug me as well as some news items that I will comment on. I know it doesn't really make any difference what I think and in the whole scope of things they're really not important at all, but maybe some of you will find them interesting and maybe even a little thought provoking.

A Point to Ponder : A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Woof!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment